Lead by the British Council: through an open call, 25 Image sector practitioners were selected and were taken through an in-depth 5 training days. After finishing their training, all 25 trainees created their own teams, developed, planned and executed 8 events establishing new showcasing spaces for up and coming creative practitioners, connecting them to new audiences and helping them create sustainable income generating connections.
Once the training was completed, we met with each team once a month for their team clinic in order to support them review their events plans, unpack bottlenecks and brainstorm ideas of how they go forward.
The trainees events were:
- Arts & Live Exhibition by Enkusillasie Yesgat & Henok Diba 2nd March 2018 at Hamela 19 Park
- Sheger Mixed Art by Adane Firde, Hanna Wolde Teshom & Solomon Tameme on 24th & 25th March 2018 at Mosaic Hotel
- Maleda Art Exhibition by Natnael Kabtymer & Kalkidan Ayele on 21st & 22nd April 2018 at New Life charity & Rehabilitation Center
- Yeha Digital Arts Exhibition by Dagem Worku, Wendu Gudisa & Nasredin Mohamed on 27th April 2018 at Boston Spa
- Tibeb Fest: Fashion Meets Poetry by Samuel Fekade, Teklemariam Tilahun, Betelhem Abebe & Ruth Yared – on 28th April 2018 at Sabegn
- Guramayle Arts Exhibtion by Roman Anmednoor, Endalkachew Wondewossen, Nahom Kuma, Kaleab Matiwos, Manaye Ewnetu on 1st May 2018 at Momona Hotel
- Shir Shir by Biniam Haile & Nahom Tsegaye Haile on 29th May 2018 at Ethio-Cuba Friendship Park
- Afro photo & Film Expo & Workshop by Bruk Yibrah, Ruth Bogale, Tesfaye Bekele & Semagngeta Aychiluhem on 26th & 27th May 2018
Once all the teams had delivered their own event, 9th June we brought all trainees back together for our final Group Clinic so that we can review their learning, their implementation and help them think through what they would like to do next.